Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Four F*king Dinners, Momofuku

I had a crappy day today, and I'm sitting at home eating my chicken cabbage soup listlessly. I'm going to take myself out of this funk by thinking of happier times in the past - namely the Four F*king Dinner at Momofuku that my friend Dan and I ate at last September. Andrew was the one who had the foresight to sign up for the lottery to eat at this one-time event hosted by David Chang at his Momofuku restaurants, and was thrilled when he sucessfully obtained 2 seats to eat at Milk Bar with guest chef David Kinch! But the poor guy (Andrew, not Chef Chang) had to go on a business trip at the last minute, so my good friend Dan joined as my dining companion that night... along with Jeffrey Steingarten, Jennifer8Lee (Fortune Cookie Chronicles), Pim (Chez Pim), and Mario Batali. When we were all standing outside on 13th St, waiting for the doors of Milk Bar to be opened, Chef Batali tried to wait around incognito behind aviator sunglasses, but there was no hiding with those orange clogs and robust body frame! David Kinch's food was AMAZING. There was not just a wine pairing, but a *bread* pairing as well to go with each individual course (see bread rolls on the skewer)! That's Jeffrey Steingarten showing off the blood sausage that Chef Kinch made for him especially. Ah...I found my zen place! Crappy day begone!



























No comments:

Post a Comment