Monday, December 20, 2010

Peter Chang's

We found out that Peter Chang is (maybe) settling down in Atlanta (for the time being) via UrbanDaddy Atlanta and that the opening of Peter Chang's was this Sunday. Worried about the throngs of Changians (Chang groupies) descending upon the new restaurant of the infamously peripatetic chef, we called on Saturday morning to make a reservation for two for lunch at noon on Sunday. When we arrived, there was a good number of Chinese and non-Chinese customers already eating and more arrived as we lunched our way through the menu. I am ecstatic that I have finally found authentic Chinese food in Atlanta! We ordered the dan dan mien (Szechuan ma-la noodles), xiao long bao (steamed Shanghai soup dumplings), shui zou yu (Szechuan fish boiled in oil), and stir-fried pea-pod stem. I really hope Peter Chang will stay a awhile (at least for the next two years while I'm here in ATL), as I miss real Szechuan food with the delicious ma-la numbing spice. We later found out that we were the FIRST ones to make a reservation at Peter Chang's first restaurant!!!! I wonder if I will ever bump into Calvin Trillin at Peter Chang's, and if so, would I have the cojones to ask him for an autograph? His ode to Peter Chang was published in the March 1st, 2010 issue of the New Yorker






















Peter Chang's Tasty 2 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment