Friday, January 21, 2011

Han Il Kwan (Yes, in Atlanta!)

Oh yay! There is real Korean food in Atlanta! Lindsay Kim, my Energizer-Bunny friend, took some of us to this Korean BBQ joint, Han Il Kwan, off Buford highway in Doraville (5458 Buford Hwy). I had the dol sot bibimbap (돌솥 비빔밥), which is a savory medley of beef, spinach, bean sprouts, carrots, seaweed, and fried egg over a bed of rice served in a sizzling hot stone bowl. I was so happy, I almost thought I was back in K-town in NYC. I kept taking big sniffs of my clothes afterwards for wafts of that yummy soul-satisfying Korean BBQ aroma. Thank you Lindsay! Atlanta is finally starting to feel a little like home...Now I just have to find good sushi here (which may just be mission impossible, since I will not cheat on Sushi Azabu).

No comments:

Post a Comment