Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mission Chicken

Much to my delight, Pollo Campero, the deliciously addictive Guatemalan fried/grilled chicken chain, has opened on an outpost here in my far-flung corner of the world!!! 3389 Buford Highway in Atlanta, to be precise, which is only 5 minutes north of my office! Now THIS is fried chicken/fast food worth supporting, unlike the anti-gay evangelical chicken fast-food chain Chick-Fil-A. I loved Pollo Campero during the three months when I was working in rural Guatemala back in 2001. Weekend trips to Antigua or Guatemala City inevitably involved a pitstop at Pollo Campero for its delicious crispy on the outside & juicy on the inside fried chicken or lime/citrus-infused herb grilled chicken. And I am happy to report that the Atlanta incarnation is just as good as the pollo I remember from Guate. I'm also (not so) secretly delighted that the Guatemalans may be beating the American fast food chains on its own turf. Hooray for Pollo Campero! (and boycott Chick-Fil-A!).


























Pollo Campero on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment